Re: [K12OSN] local device

On 07/30/2013 01:16 PM, Radek Bursztynowski wrote:
Jeff,

Many thanks for your explanation. I know it. But the same situation is
with USB stick - I can mount it locally on local console and see it
after log in LDM on my redirected server desktop.

I expected similar mechanizm.

Yes, that is true. fuse is leveraged to do some magic and remotely mount the client USB stick on the server.

DVD drives aren't quite the same. Take, for example, an audio CD. You can't mount that and export it as a filesystem.

So the question really becomes: does LTSP even look for optical devices and try to remotely mount them using fuse? I don't have an answer to that, but IME LTSP5 does not do this. That said I haven't tried connecting a client DVD recently and then setting the group to fuse. Hopefully someone can chime in on that.

Jeff