[K12OSN] Few observations with ltsp-server 5.9 | Where I can find old ltsp-server 5.1 repository

Radek Bursztynowski radek at bursztynowski.waw.pl
Tue Jun 25 22:49:23 UTC 2013

I begin to think that my trouble can be joined with 2 NICs. It is my
first experience with 2 NICs configuration. The true is that my server
had two NICs, but one of them I didn't configure - was switched off.
Perhaps LTSP 5.1 recognized two of NICs, but I used only one, and LTSP
5.1 didn't force me to interesting of one downed NIC.

Now we can read in LTSP doc that the second NIC receives 192.168.67.1 IP
address by default. So LTSP 5.9 something do with second NIC (perhaps
something different like LTSP 5.1). Finally I could use LTSP 5.9 with my
main NIC, but network worked slowly. This is my surmise only.

I confirm myself with this think because after my new server
installation (server with two configured NICs), I was forced to
reconfigure Samba service, because Samba saw eht1 NIC as default
interface instead of br0, like in the past. When I described in smb.conf
br0 as a Samba NIC - Samba works fine.

But Firefox works to slow. We can inform Samba in smb.conf which NIC
should be use, but Firefox use system configuration. I think that I
should tell system which NIC is the first. But I don't know how.

I repeat that it is my surmise only. Perhaps tomorrow I will be more
clever.

Best regards,
Radek

---