[K12OSN] Launch FF on start up

me me at todhackett.com
Fri Mar 1 14:05:27 UTC 2013

Hi All

I have been trying to get FireFox to launch on the TC at startup. LDM_REMOTECMD doesn't
seem to do the trick so I started playing with a bash script. FF would start but I would
get THREE instances.  Ideas?

Also, I never did get a printer loaded on any of the TC's - I could print to it from the
bash screen - 'cp [file] /dev/lp0 or /dev/usblp0' or something like that as I don't
remember just now.  I still needed printers so I used some of the 'extra' TC's that I
had laying around for print servers.  XPe seems to handle this just fine.  One has three
printers attached - parallel and 2 usb's.  I did have problems with Fedora 17 and the
cupsd daemon - seems that whomever has not configured the 'Authentication' correctly and
it would never print; with "Waiting for Authentication" in the queue.  Geesh, what to
do?  I was getting ready to throw my hands in the air and pitch the TC's .. then it
dawned on me that Fedora 14 was the LTSP OS and I made that a print server too.

With the exception of launching an app at start up, everything is working just fine!  So
if you have an answer for that, it would be peachy!

todh

--
Todd Hackett             Chief Bottle Washer
PoBox 1168