[K12OSN] Local priner problem - SOLVED

Radek Bursztynowski radek at bursztynowski.waw.pl
Wed Mar 6 09:25:08 UTC 2013

Hello All,

Many thanks to All who sent me advice. Owing to this I solved this problem.
For forcing my printer to cooperation I made:

lts.conf
    PRINTER_0_DEVICE         = /dev/usb/lp0
    PRINTER_0_PORT         = 9100
    PRINTER_TYPE         = S

and jetpipe process is started as follow:

/usr./sbin/jetpipe -f /dev/usb/lp0

My printer prints with original jetpipe included in thin client, and with p910nd package got from http://p910nd.sourceforge.net/

That's all.

Thanks again for any help.

Best regards,
Radek

----

    Debug of [..]/sbin/jetpipe revealed line 50: only '/dev/tty..' are
    serial, devicetype 'S'. Other names will be parralel devicetype 'P'.

    jetpipe:

           50         if devicename[:8] == '/dev/tty':    # This should catch regular serial and USB serial

    [..]

           59             self.devicetype = 'S'
           60         else:
           61             self.device = open(devicename, 'wb')
           62             self.devicetype = 'P'

    I 'eliminated' this error and useing '/dev/usb/lp0' jetpipe threw an
    exception:

    serial.serialutil.SerialException("Could not configure port:(25,
    'Inappropriate ioctl for device')

    The comment on line 307 (serialposix.py) might be your answer.

          305         try:
          306             iflag, oflag, cflag, lflag, ispeed, ospeed, cc = termios.tcgetattr(self.fd)
          307         except termios.error, msg:      # if a port is nonexistent but has a /dev file, it'll fail here
          308             raise SerialException("Could not configure port: %s" % msg)

    Why the prot would be nonexistent I do not know; /dev/usb/lp0 gets
    created when a printer is connected to a usb port.

    Jaap