[K12OSN] howto update

Johan Vermeulen jvermeulen at cawdekempen.be
Fri May 17 12:55:23 UTC 2013

Hello Joshua, hello All,

I'm trying the update described below on a Centos6.4 machine.

After swapping repo, I now have :

[root at centos-server ~]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
  * base: mirrors.atosworldline.com
  * extras: mirrors.atosworldline.com
  * ltsp: ltsprepo.s3.amazonaws.com
  * updates: mirror.ate.info
repo id                        repo name                                  status
base                           CentOS-6 - Base                            6381
extras                         CentOS-6 - Extras                            12
ltsp                           LTSP - x86_64                                61
updates                        CentOS-6 - Updates                          694
repolist: 7148

When I now run # yum update
I'm getting trouble with package libjpeg-turbo

output:

        Protected multilib versions: libjpeg-turbo-1.2.1-1.el6.i686 != libjpeg-turbo-1.2.90-20130204.x86_64
  You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
  You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

It seems to me both Centos Base repo and ltsp-repo want to give me this package:

[root at centos-server ~]# yum whatprovides libjpeg-turbo
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit, security
  * base: mirrors.atosworldline.com
  * extras: mirrors.atosworldline.com
  * ltsp: ltsprepo.s3.amazonaws.com
  * updates: mirror.ate.info
libjpeg-turbo-1.2.1-1.el6.i686 : A MMX/SSE2 accelerated library for manipulating
                                : JPEG image files
Repo        : base
Matched from:

libjpeg-turbo-1.2.1-1.el6.x86_64 : A MMX/SSE2 accelerated library for
                                  : manipulating JPEG image files
Repo        : base
Matched from:

libjpeg-turbo-1.2.90-20130204.x86_64 : A SIMD-accelerated JPEG codec that
      ...: provides both the libjpeg and TurboJPEG APIs
Repo        : ltsp
Matched from:

libjpeg-turbo-1.2.1-1.el6.x86_64 : A MMX/SSE2 accelerated library for
                                  : manipulating JPEG image files
Repo        : installed
Matched from:
Other       : Provides-match: libjpeg-turbo

Does anybody else have this problem?

Kind regards, J.