Re: [K12OSN] NFS fails to start

Hi,

/etc/exports:
/opt/ltsp *(ro,async,no_root_squash)

getenforce: Disabled

Kenneth

please publish the /etc/exports file on the broken server as well as the output of getenforce

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 2:10 PM, Kenneth Lundström <kenneth lundstrom nudata fi> wrote:
Hello LTSP users,

a couple of months before Christmas I installed a couple of LTSP servers. One was commissioned before Christmas and is working great. The second I delivered to another place a couple of weeks ago, finally. This site already have one LTSP from before and I was planing on replacing it. Using it as an fileserver for homes folders.

I setup it up and clients find it and they work. Then I proceed to mount the home folder via NFS and get them mounted. I leave the place and next they I get an call that they can't login anymore. I try to find the error via SSH but can't. So I switch back to using the old server again.

Now I come so far that I know that NFS doesn't start for some strange reason. If I do a /etc/init.d/nfs restart I get an error saying:

exportfs: /opt/ltsp does not support NFS export

I tried googling it but couldn't find anything that would work for me.

Any ideas where to start searching. I think it has something to do with me setting up the homes folder mounting.

Kenneth

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain at one end you lose at the other. It's like feeding a dog on his own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

http://electjimkinney.org
http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/