[K12OSN] NFS fails to start

Kenneth Lundström kenneth.lundstrom at nudata.fi
Wed May 1 21:50:42 UTC 2013

I have pulled all my hair already.

==> /var/log/messages <==
BEGIN TEST HERE
May  2 00:42:14 ltsp kernel: nfsd: last server has exited, flushing
export cache
May  2 00:42:14 ltsp rpc.mountd[1584]: Caught signal 15, un-registering
and exiting.
May  2 00:42:58 ltsp rpc.mountd[1756]: Version 1.2.3 starting
May  2 00:42:59 ltsp kernel: NFSD: Using /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery as the
NFSv4 state recovery directory
May  2 00:42:59 ltsp kernel: NFSD: starting 90-second grace period

[root at ltsp ~]# echo "BEGIN TEST HERE" >> /var/log/messages

[root at ltsp ~]# service nfs stop
Shutting down NFS daemon:                                  [  OK ]
Shutting down NFS mountd:                                  [  OK ]
Shutting down NFS services:                                [  OK ]

[root at ltsp ~]# service nfs start
Starting NFS services:  exportfs: /opt/ltsp does not support NFS export
                                                            [  OK ]
Starting NFS mountd:                                       [  OK ]
Stopping RPC idmapd:                                       [  OK ]
Starting RPC idmapd:                                       [  OK ]
Starting NFS daemon:                                       [  OK ]

[root at ltsp ~]# exportfs
/opt/ltsp       <world>

[root at ltsp ~]# nfsstat
Server rpc stats:
calls      badcalls   badauth    badclnt    xdrcall
0          0          0          0          0

Kenneth