[K12OSN] NFS fails to start

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu May 2 01:25:52 UTC 2013

check contents of /etc/auto.misc for /opt/ltsp. Comment it out if found

In fact do a:

grep -R ltsp /etc/*

and see where ltsp is referenced.

Also do a

lsmod | grep nfs

and make sure the you get something like:
nfsd                  274672  13
auth_rpcgss            48594  1 nfsd
nfs_acl                12741  1 nfsd
lockd                  93540  1 nfsd
sunrpc                256499  29 nfsd,auth_rpcgss,lockd,nfs_acl

If no nfsd, then BINGO! Just run modprobe nfsd and service nfsd restart

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 7:47 PM, Kenneth Lundström <
kenneth.lundstrom at nudata.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the problem is not the /home folders, that works fine. The /etc/exports I
> have shown is on the new server, the clients can't mount the /opt/ltsp and
> can't boot at all, anymore.
>

> Kenneth

James P. Kinney III
*