Re: [K12OSN] Locked-down browser for online testing on Linux?

If it is possible to boot from CD or USB then PXE boot should also be feasible, no?  Plus PXE is easier to tamper-proof

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Cisna <brcisna eazylivin net>
Sender: k12osn-bounces redhat com
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 09:27:33
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Locked-down browser for online testing on Linux?

Todd,

About 3 years ago,our K-12 school had some sort of student assessment
program that was browser based and was on a 'bootable CD' just as you
was mentioning.

It was actually an Ubuntu based boot up and went directly to a full
screen web browser Firefox,that couldn't be exited.

It worked flawless once we found a couple dozen machines that still had
cd-rom's that would still function:).Most had bubble gum,,suckers and
everything else imaginable shoved in the cd-rom tray..

Doing what you are wanting to do the only practical way would be,to use
usb sticks as an boot device

Take Care,
Barry