http://jacob.steelsmith.org/content/ubuntu-kiosk-based-10041

should get you going...

--Huck

On 5/9/2013 7:52 AM, pxeboot gmail com wrote:
If it is possible to boot from CD or USB then PXE boot should also be feasible, no?  Plus PXE is easier to tamper-proof

-----Original Message-----
From: Barry Cisna <brcisna eazylivin net>
Sender: k12osn-bounces redhat com
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 09:27:33
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Locked-down browser for online testing on Linux?

Todd,

About 3 years ago,our K-12 school had some sort of student assessment
program that was browser based and was on a 'bootable CD' just as you
was mentioning.

It was actually an Ubuntu based boot up and went directly to a full
screen web browser Firefox,that couldn't be exited.

It worked flawless once we found a couple dozen machines that still had
cd-rom's that would still function:).Most had bubble gum,,suckers and
everything else imaginable shoved in the cd-rom tray..

Doing what you are wanting to do the only practical way would be,to use
usb sticks as an boot device

Take Care,
Barry