Re: [K12OSN] howto update

Op 25-04-13 21:38, Jeff Siddall schreef:
On 04/24/2013 03:07 AM, Wadim Incognito wrote:
Hi Paul.

I've run in such issue, and the solution is to update chroot
(/opt/ltsp/i386) to CentOS 6.4 After that, the problem with login is gone.

I did a full update on my chroot _except_ for ltsp-client, which is still at ltsp-client-5.2.17-1.el6.i686

However, even after running ltsp-update-sshkeys I still cannot get logged in. LDM reports "no response from server". So it appears there is something bad in ldm-2.2.11-3.el6.i686 which I believe came from epel.

I also noticed most of the session choices disappeared from that version of LDM.

Reverting to ldm-2.2.4-1.el6.i686 from the old k12linux repo seems to have fixed it and I can login again.

I should point out I did _not_ upgrade the ltsp-server package.

Joshua,

Is this something you are working on? It is a bad thing to have a serious regression in a package that is part of widely used repositories so removing that for now would probably be wise.

Thanks,

Jeff

,

hello All,

after updating, I can boot thinclients without issues.

But laptops / workstations that are also on the lan cannot connect connect to the outside world, e.g. ping 8.8.8.8

* root centos-server ~]# /sbin/sysctl net.ipv4.ip_forward
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1

* ltps-server-tweaks gives me :

[root centos-server ~]# ltsp-server-tweaks
About to overwrite your default iptables (firewall) configuration.
hit Ctrl-C if unsure.

and hangs, even is firewall = off.

* here is my /etc/sysconfig/iptables:

# Firewall configuration written by system-config-firewall
# Manual customization of this file is not recommended.
*nat
:PREROUTING ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:POSTROUTING ACCEPT [0:0]
-A POSTROUTING -o em2 -j MASQUERADE
-A POSTROUTING -o ltspbr0 -j MASQUERADE
COMMIT
*filter
:INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
-A INPUT -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -p icmp -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i em2 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -i ltspbr0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -p icmp -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -i em2 -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -i ltspbr0 -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -o em2 -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -o ltspbr0 -j ACCEPT
-A INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
-A FORWARD -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
COMMIT

Can anyone offer further advise on this?

greetings, J.