[K12OSN] LDM crashing on trying to log in.

Peter Onion Peter.Onion at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 18 11:36:50 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-10-14 at 11:02 -0500, Gary Nutbeam wrote:

> I can't shutdown or reboot the client either. I saw a hack on the list
> that I haven't tried yet to "fix" the shutdown/reboot problem.

I found there are issues with some of the scripts in /etc/init.d trying
to stop the networking during shutdown, which is NOT a good idea when
the root file system is mounted on NFS !

ISTR I added "exit 1" at the top of the "stop" sections in 3 or 4 files
but I don't have access to a working example at the moment so I can't
give you a list until next week.

PeterO