[K12OSN] LDM crashing on trying to log in.

I'm having stability problems with LDM. I'm using decent thin clients now (1700 model from disklessworkstations.com, hyperthreading atom, 2GB RAM etc.).

I'm using ltsp-server 5.4.5-24 on CentOS 6.4 64bit from the ltsp repo at ltsprepo.s3.amazonaws.com.

When first attempting to log in, after entering the username, LDM seems to crash, and restart. The second attempt to login works fine. If it doesn't crash on the first attempt, the X session crashes very shortly afterwards, usually when trying to launch an application. After the initial weirdness, everything seems to settle down and work.

This behavior happens on both the physical thin clients AND a virtual client.

Has anyone seen this problem and know what might be causing it?

Thanks.

Gary.