Re: [K12OSN] TC wifi initializtion - concept

No way in heck I would want TC's on wireless. It's a hub. X11 screen updates can suck up to 73 Mbit/sec when playing TuxType (I did this measurement about 10 years ago and re-confirmed it about 5 years ago). As much as the wireless hype may be going on now, there's just no way an LTSP architecture can be successful on a hub, be that hub wireless or wired. Well, not if you intend to use the full complement of educational apps, that is. And don't even *think* about anything that uses Flash, for the same reason.

LibreOffice'll work OK. So will Gedit or even Firefox, provided there aren't a lot of screen updates. But relatively static (as far as screen updates go) apps like that are about it. Putting LTSP on wireless is a recipe for failure, given current wireless technology.

--TP