[K12OSN] TC wifi initializtion - concept

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 16:50:50 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Roger Nutbeam <gnutbeam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Freenx is a lot better performing than X over wireless. I haven't had the
> chance to test x2go but from what I've looked it so far, I like what I see.

X2go uses some of the same nx libraries as freenx and unlike NX the
clients are also open source.  At least on CentOS6 freenx and x2go
packages can co-exist if you want to try both, although they don't
interoperate.  X2go seems to have more active development now and
seems pretty usable.   I think a USB-boot into something that just
opened an x2go window might be a practical thin client - but I haven't
run a large number of clients against the same server.  There is
probably some overhead for the virtual sceen/cache/compression for
each session.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com