Re: [K12OSN] TC wifi initializtion - concept

You'd definitely want to run your outside<-in connections over a VPN too. I use OpenVPN and it works well.

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Roger Nutbeam <gnutbeam gmail com> wrote:
> Freenx is a lot better performing than X over wireless. I haven't had the
> chance to test x2go but from what I've looked it so far, I like what I see.

X2go uses some of the same nx libraries as freenx and unlike NX the
clients are also open source.  At least on CentOS6 freenx and x2go
packages can co-exist if you want to try both, although they don't
interoperate.  X2go seems to have more active development now and
seems pretty usable.   I think a USB-boot into something that just
opened an x2go window might be a practical thin client - but I haven't
run a large number of clients against the same server.  There is
probably some overhead for the virtual sceen/cache/compression for
each session.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell gmail com