[K12OSN] New K12Linux/LTSP install , client boots slow

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Apr 21 20:46:39 UTC 2014

Hello All,

Curious if anyone has done a very recent install of LTSP server & client
build? I am not honestly sure what the status is of K12Linux as all the
pages I have bookmarked for a long time for L12Linux points to LTSP?

I done an default install in a VM of LTSP and in turn installed
Virtualbox in it,to run an Virtual PXE client to test boot this setup.
The Virtual PXE client boots miserably slow,and ends up just "stopping"
and not going any further.

Tried appending a few various switches to the kernel command line for
the chroot boot image but any changes made has not  made any difference.

Thanks,
Barry