[K12OSN] : login user is root

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Mon Dec 22 22:39:39 UTC 2014

Hi Johan,

Yes selinux and iptables are both disabled at boot.
I have used ltsp/k12linux for anbout 11 years now so fairly familiar
with the configs,but each iteration of ltsp-server throws new curve
balls it goes without saying.

The reason for modding the sshd_config file was due to the fact that
root was failing the login for a standard user.
Without adding the public
keys for root to both server and client root,the standard user was
thrown back out to the login screen again.
Yes, i am familiar with doing the ltsp-update-sshkeys, along with
ltsp-update-kernels.

Downside is now the login works,but a standard user,,,is root once
logged in.

If you look at the log below,,you will see at top,,,a standard
user,,then directly below,root gets the go ahead from ssh?
Scouring through the ldm files, there is yet another ldm package that is
installed, with ltsp-server package ,,even since I done an install about
6 months ago,that worked fine.

I am sure it is of course something is haywire in the ldm init scripts
but don't have a clue were to look,,to troubleshoot.

Also,i noticed randomly after adding the LDM_DEBUG_TERMINAL in the
lts.cong file,,i see randon "ldm: segfault at 8 ip. xxx" ,  in the popup
terminal on the client,
I found reference to this error  as far back as two year ago,,but never
found what a real solution was or what caused this.

Thanks,

Barry