[K12OSN] Centos 6.x Firefox24 update

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 21:05:16 UTC 2014

Are you running firefox in local app mode on the TC? If so, you'll need to
update some other stuff on the client as Firefox requires additional
packages (mozilla-filesystem is used by plugins)

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:50 PM, Barry R Cisna <brcisna at eazylivin.net>wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Replying to my own thread,sorry.
> I spoke too soon.
>
> Here's an odd one. If I NX into the server as any user Youtubes,
> flash-plugin runs fine. If i log in as same user on a tc to the server I
> get "flashplayer has crashed". if I look in the syslog,it does contain a
> line about "plugin-container crashed".
>
> I do not have any other extensions installed on Firefox,just for
> completeness.
>

> Anyone experienced this?
>
> Never had a bit of trouble with Firefox,,in many years of ltsp use. I am
> very hesitant about upgrading unless something is added to the mix,,and
> I have no choice but to do an yum update. Naturally I got bit this time.
>
> Could it be such a mismatch somehow between the client kernel and the
> server kernel?
> Chrome does work fine on this updated setup as well,, just to mention.
>
> Thanks,
> Barry

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*