Re: [K12OSN] networking question

my ordering for solution:

1) bigger switch (big assumption is existing network is not overloaded now)
2) add a secondary "smart" switch above the existing switch if the existing switch supports "upstream" port
3) add a second switch downstream with a bonded or aggregate connection for more bandwidth (if "smart" primary switch)
4) add a secondary switch with Gbit upstream and 100M ports and set primary switch to 100M except for new switch port
5) add a secondary switch upstream with bonded/aggregate connections to multiple nics on server
6) add a second switch off second nic on separate subnet and split the load. This requires a split subnet with dual gateways (each nic) (no smart switch required)