[K12OSN] Centos 6.x Firefox24 update[SOLVED]

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Feb 22 14:32:16 UTC 2014

Hello All,

Replying to my own post again,sorry.
Wanted to share for anyone else that may run into same problem after
updating (server) to CentOS 6.5 with the flash-plugin crashing on a
remote x display.

The fix for any version of flash-plugin crashing on CentOS 6.5 and
Firefox 24 was to install the HTML5 extension into Firefox.
I done this step just to see if Youtubes would in fact run in the
'native HTML5 format' as this is what Youtube is eventually suppose to
go to exclusively.

After installing the HTML5 extension into Firefox,this not only fixed
Youtubes/ "flashplayer has crashed"  error,from crashing but all other
flash background features in all websites I have tried. Don't have a
clue what went on under the hood and don't care at this point. :)

For some reason I think the culprit is actually the new xulrunner that
is installed along side of Firefox 24,but not sure of that.

Take Care,
Barry