[K12OSN] Two Web Site Questions

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 13:44:33 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Henry Hartley wrote:
> Two things:
>
> In the footer added to e-mails for this list is the URL: http://www.k12os.org which seems to be some site in Japanese. Is that something on my end or has that site gone away? If it's gone away, then it should probably not be in the e-mail footer any more. Is there a k12os site any more?
>
> On the K12Linux site (https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/) it says that K12Linux EL6 is the long-term supported LTSP distribution that will receive updates until the year 2017. On the CentOS site, however, it lists 2017 as the EOL for CentOS 5, with 6 being supported until 30 Nov 2020.
>
> --
> Henry

I confirm this at my side too (Italy). I land into a Japanese based page.
Looking for domain info;

Domain ID:D164758308-LROR
Domain Name:K12OS.ORG
Created On:19-Feb-2012 14:30:35 UTC
Last Updated On:05-Jan-2014 02:53:22 UTC
Expiration Date:19-Feb-2015 14:30:35 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Status:OK
Registrant Country:JP

So possibly the original one had timeout and name picked up?
Anyway I do agree to keep off the footer as it is no longer related to
the project itself.

Gianluca