[K12OSN] Is K12Linux el6 actively maintained?

Radek Bursztynowski radek at bursztynowski.waw.pl
Wed Jan 15 11:36:53 UTC 2014

Hello,

I use K12Linux in two localization permanently more than 18 mounts and I am very satisfied. I made few corrections and I use older thin client image (most people recommend the newest one). I couldn't compare to Ubuntu, but my installations on CentOS 6.5 x86_64 (upgraded from CentOS 6.3 -> 6.4 -> 6.5 and from LTSP 5.2 to 5.4) work fine and I can confirm there are stable including both cooperation: with Linux and Windows.

You can find "Status of LTSP in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 / Centos 6 / Scietnific Linux 6" here: http://wiki.ltsp.org/wiki/Category:Fedora.

I didn't test LTSP on Fedora. I like Fedora, but Fedora is changed to fast for me to use Fedora as a productive server.

The people say in my country: every rose has its thorns. Identically is with CentOS and LTSP. But I customized environment, collected experience and now I use this combination.  I looked for stable environment for LTSP and I found them - CentOS 6.x. There are my experiences.

Best regards,
Radek

---

Hello all =)

Based on the K12Linux website and their mailinglist, I can't really
figure out if it is a production ready product and actively maintained
for EL6.

Does anyone know if it is as good and healthy as LTSP on Ubuntu 12.04?

Hugs,
Sandra =)