Re: [K12OSN] Is K12Linux el6 actively maintained?

On 01/15/2014 02:44 AM, Sandra Schlichting wrote:
Hello all =)

Based on the K12Linux website and their mailinglist, I can't really
figure out if it is a production ready product and actively maintained
for EL6.

Can't comment on how actively it is maintained because I haven't looked in the years since I first set it up, but it does work. I run a couple of production servers are very stable (as you would expect with an RHEL based system).

The only real issue I have is most users want to run KDE but kwin crashes when used with LTSP. It kindly offers to use metacity instead which works acceptably.

Jeff