[K12OSN] thin client doesn't quite get to desktop

me me at todhackett.com
Wed Jul 16 17:46:17 UTC 2014

Hi All

I seem to be stumped.  Have thin clients that almost get to a desktop.  Looking at the
messages on the server - ldminfod keeps starting and stopping.  The thin client screen
blanks and unblanks ( no pix of anything ).  I can get into a shell on the TC and
tailing messages shows '[time] client-192 kernel: pci 0000:01:00.0 putting AGP V3 device
into 8x mode' over and over.

Server F14, serving F12 to the network.

I have another server ( F14, serving F10 to another network ) which is running fine;
well sorta.  To make a long story short, I couldn't get the touch screens working
proper.  After a couple of days scratching and cussing I finally figured out that the
proper drivers were not installing for ttyS0/1 because there was a problem with the
server's comm port.  I haven't popped the case to check it out, but there is NOT a DB9
or RJ11 on the outside anywhere.  This almost has to be the case as I can 'cat
/dev/ttyS0' then tap the screen on the TC monitor and I get gibberish; which does NOT
happen on the old server or running TC's.

Ideas anyone?

--
Todd Hackett             Chief Bottle Washer
PoBox 1168