Re: [K12OSN] some questions? maybe st00pid, but need asked

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 2:25 PM, me <me todhackett com> wrote:
I am confused.  Server is f14 loaded a couple of days ago.

We go through all of the process of loading pxelinux.0 from our tftpboot
(/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386 )directory which is f10, and then booting out of our chroot
(  /opt/ltsp/i386 ).  So why does the f14 desktop come up vs the F10 version that we
have configured?

Sounds like the chroot is not being entered by the TCs. They are instead being routed to the full OS of the server. That's a config issue in the LTSP setup in the OS being sent to the TCs. Double check your pxe boot process and make sure it really is what's being loaded.

I have been having problems with touch screens on the TC's and found that I can drop to
a shell ( ctrl/alt f2 ) during the TC boot and cat /dev/ttyS0 then touching the screen I
get a response.  When it gets to the desktop ( f14 ) then I go into a shell, cat'n
/dev/ttyS0 does nothing.

That /dev/ttyS0 is on the server not the TC. Basically, the touchscreen serial port is not being sent back to the server like a mouse device. I don't know if serial device data is supported. The serial mouse was dropped from the kernel long before Fedora 9 days. I about cried as my wonderful Kensington trackball was being discarded.

I have read and re-read, searched and scratched and can't figure out what I am missing.
 Guess that the brain cells are tooooo old.

me

--
Todd Hackett             Chief Bottle Washer
PoBox 1168