[K12OSN] How to enable USB devices in K12LTSP

Alain Reguera Delgado alain.reguera at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 21:58:48 UTC 2015

Hello,

Thank you very much for LTSP. I am using it on my work through K12LTSP
distribution which is based on CentOS 5 (updated to CentOS 5.11). The
thin clients boot fast and everything looks nice, except that USB
memories don't get available when they are plugged in in the thin
client. I've tried a few things but got nothing.

Could you please point out the correct way of debugging this issue or
any related solution?

I have to say that I first tried CentOS 6 and LTSP from EPEL
repository. It installed well on the server but the thin clients
didn't boot up. They reported an error message saying: processor not
supported. Very old hardware the one I have, I guess.

Here are some of the references I've tried:

- https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki/RHEL5Server
- https://www.redhat.com/archives/k12linux-devel-list/2008-November/msg00050.html
- http://k12osn.redhat.narkive.com/YoZTZwcE/plans-for-k12linux-el6-and-future-fedora

Best regards,