[K12OSN] Centos7 : some ( official )help wanted

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 17:04:28 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 2, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Warren Togami Jr. <warren at togami.com> wrote:

> Thank you.  You understand the situation exactly.
>
> CentOS 7 actually contains all the same components as CentOS 6 but in a
> different form.  It would be theoretically possible to adapt those pieces
> to work in the same manner as CentOS 6.  There would be drawbacks though
> ... like CentOS 7 is x86_64 only, so the client OS would no longer be able
> to be built from the same OS as the server.

Just to share information, there has been some work in place to have a
CentOS 7 i686 architecture version too.
See for example this thread for the beta release:
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2015-June/013426.html

I installed it (configured as a desktop system) and promises good.

Gianluca