Re: [K12OSN] Centos7 : some ( official )help wanted

Disagree all you want.  If no developer is willing to do the work, then it cannot happen.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 1:00 AM, <johan vermeulen7 telenet be> wrote:
Hello,

I have good results on our first site where we run K12Linux on Centos7 and I am about to ugrade a second, larger
site as well.

I just had a look at the K12Linux website again and just wanted to say I don't agree with this:

Modern users probably do not want to use this type of thin client because video (like Youtube) requires too much bandwidth over remote X desktops, and scalability of X over ssh encrypted tunnels is rather poor. K12Linux is considered a legacy solution for existing deployments of LTSP-type networks and is currently supported only on the legacy EPEL6 platform. Porting to more modern systemd-based Fedora and EPEL7 is technically possible but is not considered a priority given the drawbacks of the legacy LTSP solution.

I think a lot of organsisations have employees who 's first priority is not watching youtube, all though my users have no problems with that on K12Linux.
What hurts me is that because people can not get this to work on Centos7/Rhel7, they are moving to Ubuntu.

I have K12Linux/Centos6 running for about 3 years, and it's incredibly robust. And I think it's the same on Centos7.

greetings, Johan