[K12OSN] CentOS & LTSP being maintained

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Mar 29 18:39:19 UTC 2015

Hello All,

The reason i am asking this,this past week i spent quite a bit more time
trying to isolate why the current ltsp build  client for EL6 fails at a
client login,with root failing login " password for root not recognized"
in secure logs,,right after a standard user does a thin client login.
I was hoping maybe this had been resolved by now.

It appears lightdm will not build on centos 6 client chroot.I was going
to give this a try, to do away with ldm but no joy. it requires the
systemd piece which Ubuntu, Debian has.

I simply cannot figure out what the ldm,or ssh is not able to decypher
users located on server?
A while back i did setup authorized_keys for root on server,,,a standard
user could get a successful login on a thin client,but once logged in
the user is now root. No good. :(

Note. I never did try doing the nbd setup. possibly this may work? I've
never had to use this before.

Thanks,
Barry