Re: [K12OSN] New install of K12LTSP - repo not found

On 20.10.2016 19:13, Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
As much as I hate to admit it, yeah, I'd have to agree with that
sentiment now.  It's ironic that LTSP was created to foster low-cost
computing by using older, diskless computers as thin clients...and has
become a victim of its own success.  Nowadays, we can get pretty
powerful used desktop computers for as little as $99.  LTSP's goal has
been achieved...at the cost of its own continued success!

 Ironic, indeed....

 These days, the "low cost" computer option is to just pick up some
good used computers and Ghost an image to the boxes.

 But oh, boy, when LTSP came out, it sure was needed, and it sure did
fill that need in excellent style.

 --TP

And a mighty 'thanks' to all who ever worked on this. I started running LTSP about 14 years ago. I have enough old hardware for clients that I still run it at home. It's not a mighty media portal, but for basic web/docs/email it still works very well.

cat /etc/issue
CentOS release 5.7 (Final)

There's still updates for CentOS, even that old. I still have cronjobs that rsync everything important to a spare drive for backup. A few years ago I had a motherboard failure, plopped the drives into another server. After a bit of extra thinking and finding new hardware, it came right up.