Re: [K12OSN] New install of K12LTSP - repo not found

I've been running K12LTSP since about 1999 (two different schools).  Our server bit the big one (hardware) over the summer and I had to rebuild it from scratch.  Not being able to find a K12 iso, I went with this:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPQuickInstall

I used this iso:

http://releases.ubuntu.com/releases/12.04/ubuntu-12.04.5-alternate-amd64.iso

The trick was to hit F4 and select the LTSP mode during the install.  Then it was off to the races.  When you log in it will offer the opportunity to upgrade to a newer release.  I was pressed for time, so I did not exercise that option, but I will as soon as I get the chance.

The difference between vanilla LTSP & K12LTSP is that it doesn't install the education applications (Gcompris, etc).  However, no one at our school has used those for quite some time, making it a non-issue for me.  All they need is LibreOffice and the Internet.

The huge advantage I see with LTSP is the ease of system administration.  New things are installed in one place and then are available to all.  It doesn't matter which workstation you sit at, you get the same environment.  Maybe that's something you can do with Windows/Macs, but I have no desire to learn those technologies.  LTSP works for us.