[K12OSN] New install of K12LTSP - repo not found

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 14:27:01 UTC 2016

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 8:39 AM, Jim Thomas <jomegat at jomegat.com> wrote:

> The huge advantage I see with LTSP is the ease of system administration.
> New things are installed in one place and then are available to all.  It
> doesn't matter which workstation you sit at, you get the same environment.
> Maybe that's something you can do with Windows/Macs, but I have no desire to
> learn those technologies.  LTSP works for us.

If you just want multiuser remote access to a Linux host where you
have the applications you could try installing the x2go package and
then run the windows/mac/linux clients from whatever you are running
on the desktop systems.   It gives you remote X sessions with
efficient caching and the ability to disconnect and reconnect to a
running session.  It is close to NoMachine's NX server but an open
source project.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com