[katello-devel] Unifying API and UI controllers protection

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Wed Jul 13 07:58:59 UTC 2011

Bryan,

was thinking about our unification thing. Maybe we could take
conventions over configuration approach. I mean if we keep controller
names the same in both API and UI (I think we should be fine now) there
is no need of additional layer. Since resources are RESTy action names
should not be a problem too.

Let's wait until first UI resources are protected and then we can turn
API protection on to see if it works. It should and if not small
refactoring and/or few action name aliases would do the work for us.

LZ

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering
  Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno