[katello-devel] Integration tests not working

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 10:46:06 UTC 2011

Hello,

some time passed since I wrote about our integration test script for the
last time. It's located in our git repo:

scripts/test/katello-cli-simple-test.sh

It requires working Katello instance (incl. Pulp/Candlepin) and using
our CLI client it tries every possible action that is available in the CLI.

We now have about 70 integration tests and this number increase every
day. It's actually great integration test which quickly spots
regressions in our codebase. Unfortunately 7 tests are failing right now:

http://pastie.org/private/fluykqotc23vf1udfrfn3a

I would like to ask everybody to review the report and fix failures
which seem to be familiar to you. I would like to ask the UI team as
well since this tests also test model layer which is common to us.

I think its the time to run this test regularly (on a daily basis) and
report errors on IRC and via e-mail to those who broke the test suite. I
have just modified the script to return number or failed tests.

Garik do you think its feasible to run this suite every day (or maybe
even more often)?

Thanks

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering