[katello-devel] Started going through a setup

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 09:25:17 UTC 2011

On 07/19/2011 07:29 PM, Bryan Kearney wrote:

> 1) From the cli, I have to do:
>
> katello -u [USERNAME] -p [PASSWORD] COMMAND SUBCOMMAND [OPTIONS]
>
> for example:
>
> ./bin/katello -u admin -p admin changeset info --org ACME_Corporation
> --name test
>
> Would it make sense to allow the -u -p after the command? So.. for example:
>
> ./bin/katello changeset info -u admin -p admin --org ACME_Corporation
> --name test

I already asked Tomas and he told me its the current CLI framework
limitation. But CLI definitely need to clean a bit.

> 2) The provider type is supposed to be "rhn" to sync redhat conent.
> Should this be CDN, redhat, or something else? RHN seems odd.

Yeah but isnt CDN too generic?

> 4) The seed data in the install sets up roles and a superadmin (good)
> but also a dummy org and 2 providers. Can we scale this back to perhaps
> one org?

+1 plus the default name for this org to be something else than
ACME_Corporation

I would vote for fetching the first organization name from configuration
file so everybody could define their own name. The installer could put
it here also from the user's answers so the seed script would load it
properly.

> 5) What is the naming scheme for repos. It seems "unique"

product-environment-organization

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering
  Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno