[katello-devel] Started going through a setup

Todd Sanders tsanders at redhat.com
Wed Jul 20 12:13:00 UTC 2011

On 07/20/2011 08:11 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> On 07/20/2011 02:03 PM, Todd Sanders wrote:
>>
>> I still believe we should find a way to leverage this from the
>> pulp-admin cli core; as all of this has been built.  No reason to keep
>> spending cycles reinventing this.  In pulp-admin, we allow for -u -p
>> *before* the command; and --username --password after the command.  We
>> also allow for you to pull down a certificate to be used with successive
>> commands via the CLI:
>>
>> pulp-admin auth login --username <username>  --password <password>
>>
>> We are in the process of refactoring/reorganizing the pulp client code;
>> I'll have slagle take a look at reuse for the katello cli.
>
> I guess the codebase was copy&pasted from pulp. It probably diverged
> at some point. Would be good idea to track the improvements from pulp
> git repo and "cherry-pick" them into the Katello.
>
> +1 for this approach
> +1 for certificate auth

James:

Would be nice for us to be able to leverage some of the infrastructure
that is built into the pulp-admin cli within our katello cli.  As you
are working on some refactoring/reorganization in this sprint, can you
chat with Lukas about how to make this possible.  If we can get away
with something better that cut-n-paste that would be good...but either
way, we should find a way to take advantage of what's already been
developed.

-Todd