[katello-devel] Katello installation -- one docs issue, one blocker

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 11:52:36 UTC 2011

Hello,

I tried to install Katello on RHEL 6 x86_64 minimal using the steps
described at

	https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Install

and documents referenced from there.

At https://fedorahosted.org/candlepin/wiki/Setup, the first step
failed for me

	# java -version
	-bash: java: command not found
	# update-alternatives --config java
	# java -version
	-bash: java: command not found
	#

In the end I did

	# yum install java-1.6.0

but the requirement for the java package being installed should
probably be spelled out.

I then got blocked in the step

	# service katello initdb
	(in /usr/lib/katello)
	Could not find rake-0.9.2 in any of the sources
	Try running `bundle install`.

What yum repo should I add to get that rake thing? I obviously want
to only install software via rpm, not via bundle.

--
Jan Pazdziora | adelton at #satellite*, #brno