[katello-devel] Katello installation -- one docs issue, one blocker

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 12:47:17 UTC 2011

On 07/21/2011 01:59 PM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
>>     # java -version
>>     -bash: java: command not found
>>     # update-alternatives --config java
>>     # java -version
>>     -bash: java: command not found
>>     #
>
> This has been added to the spec file. The next build should do this
> automatically.

I have added these few lines as an early warning. Candlepin only works
with OpenJDK and Sun java 6. Sorry for that.

I think Candlepin could check this during initialization and refuse to
work on GCJ/IBM/OLD versions of Java to aviod future confusion.

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering
  Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno