[katello-devel] CLI tests with better granularity

Tomas Strachota tstrachota at redhat.com
Fri Jul 22 10:03:18 UTC 2011

Hello,

I divided our cli integration tests into more separate test cases today.
We have about 70 tests now and running them becomes quite time
consuming. You usually don't need to run them all when you want to check
if your recent changes broke anything.

Therefore I made following changes:
- tests are now placed in separate files in subfolder ./cli_tests/
grouped by the command they are supposed to test
- tests are sourced to the main script on requirement
- katello-cli-simple-test.sh takes list of tests to execute as parameters:
	- no params -> executes only 33 basic tests
	- list of tests -> executes only 33 basic tests + the listed tests
	- all -> executes all available test

Available tests:
  all
  changeset
  distribution
  package
  provider
  system
  template

Current parameters:
  -h, --help      prints this help
  -v,--verbose    verbose mode, prints full command output
  -s, --shell     runs tests in the shell mode
  <list of tests>

Example:
  ./katello-cli-simple-test.sh -s all
  ./katello-cli-simple-test.sh template changeset

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments
Tomas