[katello-devel] CLI tests with better granularity

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 11:39:53 UTC 2011

On 07/22/2011 02:48 PM, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote:
> Perhaps we should look into writing real developer tests? The ones we
> currently have because of their nature are only going to get slower; we
> can configure jenkins to run them a couple of times a day.

What on Earth are "developer tests"?

I am familiar with unit tests, integration tests and system tests, but
never heard about developer tests.

The problem of integration/system tests is need of full setup.
Prerequisite for running them is installation tests.

I think our target should be

nightly build -> installation test -> integration test -> ui test

I think we cannot live without them after we release first version of
the SE product.

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering
  Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno