[katello-devel] Katello install in 3 easy steps :)

Jan Pazdziora jpazdziora at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 12:08:18 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 02:24:42PM -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> Assuming that puppet is installed on your machine, and you have
> these files in /root then you should be able to do the following:
>
> puppet candlepin.pp
> puppet fedora-pulp.pp
> puppet katello.pp
>
> This is where Ohad jumps in and says he has better scipts. But..
> this is a starting point.

We are supposed to use https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Install
for installation steps.

Seeing the .pp below are Fedora-specific and they don't have any
bundle commands in it (so I assume the installation if fully using
rpms) -- could the wiki page please be updated with instructions that
lead to a working Katello installation from rpms, together with
information on which operating systems it works and on which it does
not? I've been trying it on RHEL 6 with limited success:

	https://www.redhat.com/archives/katello-devel/2011-July/msg00209.html

If situation is better on different OS, it'd be good to have it
announced, together with exact Fedora version.

Thank you,

--
Jan Pazdziora | adelton at #satellite*, #brno