[katello-devel] Introducing ApiError in the ApiController

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 12:22:16 UTC 2011

On 07/28/2011 12:40 PM, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote:
>> That's all. If there are no objections I will update all the places.
>>
> definitely a good idea, Lukas.

I fixed all (both) the places ;-)

and also replaced all the BadRequest exceptions with this new ApiError.
I think web app should respond with HTTP 500 for all application level
exceptions. Bad request should be more used when invalid input is provided.

b25aa02 introducing application error exception for API

If the UI team is interested I can prepare the similar AppError
exception also in the main app_controller.

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering
  Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno