[katello-devel] Content Set Prepending

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Tue May 17 16:13:53 UTC 2011

On 05/17/2011 08:19 AM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> I want to verify my understanding of a change we need to make to Candlepin.
>
> Today, when loading a subscription manifest, it comes with a repository
> URL. Lets say it is
>
> /super/cool/content
>
> Katello will configure pulp to expose this repo for an owner, in an
> environment. Lets assume ACME has DEV, TEST, PROD. Pulp will expose the
> following urls:
>
> /ACME/DEV/super/cool/content
> /ACME/TEST/super/cool/content
> /ACME/PROD/super/cool/content
>
> I believe the plan is for subscription manager to receive a content set
> which looks like:
>
> /$owner/$env/super/cool/content
>
> and to expand the variables. Is that correct?
>
> If so, I believe the requirement on Candlepin is to be able to prefix
> all content sets with a standard prefix before generating the
> certificates. Does this sound incorrect to anyone?

the above is the way it should work but I'm not certain it is all
working the way you describe yet, specifically with the way we are
exposing the cloned repos to include the environment in the path.

what we need to make sure we do is to set the relativepath field on the
repos to include the environment:

  --relativepath=RELATIVE_PATH
                         relative path where the repository is stored and
                         exposed to clients; this defaults to feed path
if not
                         specified (repository must be empty)

Mike
--