[katello-devel] Default user to have an environment and an org?

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Fri Nov 4 19:35:51 UTC 2011

On 11/02/2011 10:54 PM, Cliff Perry wrote:
> On 11/02/2011 04:27 PM, Tyler Smart wrote:
>> Cliff,
>>
>> I guess my revised question would be about setting up a default environment for the ACME corporation. But the product is not going to ship with ACME Corporation as the name of the default org, is it?

With katello-configure 0.1.10-1 we now support the ability for the
installer to have the initial administrative username/password and Org
be set. This is documented here:

https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Install#AnswerFileOptions

NOTE - I tested system registration and some other basic tasks in UI. I
have not attempted to load a manifest or sync content. But katello ping
oauth indicates communications between components is working.

Regards,
Cliff