[katello-devel] Katello-reset-dbs question

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 20:02:15 UTC 2011

On 11/07/2011 05:01 PM, Partha Aji wrote:

> I recently updated a previous migrate script, but the couldn;t properly update the katello database via rpm through Katello-reset-db script. The offending line seems to be
>
> rake db:truncate db:migrate db:seed
> Question I wanted to ask was, why is it not
> rake setup
>
> Why would one be willing to wipe out candlepin and pulp data but only update katello db schema instead of refreshing it completely?

Lukas, I remember you talking about this last month that you wanted it
to truncate instead of reset entirely.  Can you remind me and us why you
wanted it to act this way?

Personally I'm in favor of the reset wiping everything out entirely from
scratch and not having any chances of missing things.

Mike
--
Mike McCune
mmccune AT redhat.com