[katello-devel] Added ability to configure pulp's HTTP Proxy settings

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Wed Nov 9 15:30:40 UTC 2011

On 11/09/2011 10:27 AM, Garik Khachikyan wrote:
> On 11/09/2011 04:00 PM, Cliff Perry wrote:
>> Also made it generic enough that if other future items also wanted to
>> suck up these settings they could.
>>
>> See:
>> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=katello.git;a=commitdiff;h=c2bb8b6787fae348f4ef7b181d4730a26d0a879a
>>

>> Updated the wiki to note this new addition to options for
>> katello-configure.
>>
>> https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Install
>>
>> Example usage:
>>   1) katello-configure --proxy-url=http://barbar.example.org
>> --proxy-port=2040
>>   grep -i proxy /etc/pulp/pulp.conf
>>   # Uncomment the below section with appropriate values for proxy
>> configuration
>>   proxy_url: http://barbar.example.org
>>   proxy_port: 2040
>>   # proxy_user:
>>   # proxy_pass:
>>
>>   2) katello-configure --proxy-url=http://foo.example.org
>> --proxy-port=4242 --proxy-user=stackable --proxy-pass=one2three
>>
>>   more /etc/katello/katello-configure.conf
>>   proxy_url = http://foo.example.org
>>   proxy_port = 4242
>>   proxy_user = stackable
>>   proxy_pass = one2three
>>
>>   grep -i proxy /etc/pulp/pulp.conf
>>   # Uncomment the below section with appropriate values for proxy
>> configuration
>>   proxy_url: http://foo.example.org
>>   proxy_port: 4242
>>   proxy_user: stackable
>>   proxy_pass: one2three
>>
>>   Usage: /usr/sbin/katello-configure [options]
>>          --proxy-url=PROXY_URL        HTTP Proxy URL (example:
>> http://172.31.1.1)
>>          --proxy-port=PROXY_PORT      HTTP Proxy port (default: 3128)
>>          --proxy-user=PROXY_USER      HTTP Proxy user (proxy username, if
>> auth is required)
>>          --proxy-pass=PROXY_PASS      HTTP Proxy pass (proxy password, if
>> auth is required)
>>
>> Cliff

I think this answers your question.

The default answer file:

+# HTTP Proxy URL (example: http://172.31.1.1)
+proxy_url = NONE
+
+# HTTP Proxy port (default: 3128)
+proxy_port = NONE
+
+# HTTP Proxy user (proxy username, if auth is required)
+proxy_user = NONE
+
+# HTTP Proxy pass (proxy password, if auth is required)
+proxy_pass = NONE
+

Basically these are set to 'NONE' and the pulp.conf file writes them out
as commented out (just like today).

 So, the default is that if not used, they stay commented out. If you
set any of them to anything other than NONE, we write that specific
configuration value into pulp.conf for HTTP Proxy. I took the example
formatting text from grinder yum --help output.

Cliff