[katello-devel] manifest re-import in candlepin?

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 08:26:38 UTC 2011

On 11/09/2011 01:13 PM, Mike McCune wrote:
> Bryan,
>
> You mentioned a few weeks ago that Candlepin was working on adding the
> ability to re-import a manifest into an existing org. Partha and me had
> a few questions on that:
>
> * Will that end up just re-creating all the Content and Product data in
> that org that is contained in the manifest?

In Candlepin, it will sync the product/content with what is in  the
manifest. It is the same logic as doing a "second" import of a new
manifest, but without the date check.

> * Will that reset subscriptions or have any effect on systems that are
> subscribed to products in the manifest?

The logic is set up that if the second import removes subscriptions, or
decrements the amount, then systems will be unsubscribed accordingly.

> * Are there Katello stories written to support this new ability,
> primarily around re-creating updating the repositories in that org based
> on the manifest?

The backend team has a force import story for this sprint. Questions
were brought up about how this will impact pulp. We may need to add
additional stories to cleanup the data in pulp.

-- bk