[katello-devel] Where thin logs startup errors?

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 16:03:08 UTC 2011

Hello,

today I have provisioned Katello from master on a Fedora 15. Everything
looked good but thin processes did not go up. I was searching around and
I was not able to find log info.

Before thin we had this /var/log/katello/startup.log file which tracked
startup exceptions. But it only contain [ OK ] string as thin does not
print anything on the stdout/stderr.

There is a logfile configured in the /etc/katello/thin.yml, but it was
not created in my case.

And I did check /var/log/httpd/*kt* logs - nothing is there (only few
information from Apache httpd).

Tips?

 Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
 RHN Satellite Engineering