[katello-devel] registering consumer from katello end

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 13:06:11 UTC 2011

On 11/17/2011 06:44 AM, Kedar Bidarkar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Registering a node from the subscription-manager from client end worked for me earlier and I could consume the repos.
>
> Today, I have registered and provided subscriptions to a machine from katello end(server end).
> http://pastebin.test.redhat.com/68288
> I would like to know what actions need to be performed on the client machine, so that it can fetch and consume the repos.
>
> Please let me know,

Do you have subscription-manager on the client machine? If you have that
installed you can use the GUI or hte command line to pull it down.

> How the consumer certs are pulled or created here on the client and how will the repos get created.
>> From the link  https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/SystemRegistration
> I no longer find pulp-client, has the process changed a bit.
>
> I found that pulp-consumer is the replacement for pulp-client and used it.

I look at the page, and it is out of date. i will updtae it now. The
summary is that the katello cli tool should be used to manage the
server, and subscription-manager is used to manage the current machine
you are on.

Think of it this way:

katello-cli roughly equals pulp-admin
subscription-manageer roughly equals pulp-client